Re: control panel problem

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: control panel problem
Date: 18 Apr 2000 18:21:23 -0700

CS> If I am on the right track here, then I still am puzzled at why
CS> the setStateStopped seems to work immediately in buildObjects.

ControlPanel behaves differently depending on whether or not there is
a current activity.  In buildObjects, there isn't yet an activity
running, and so it waits until the state is something other than
stopped.  In your checkForDone, there will be a current activity, thus
it has something to stop, and does so (then returns, and continues
executing code in the caller).  From there on it's up to the ControlPanel
to restart things.

CS> (Using setStateQuit instead of
CS> Stop clears the probe and raster windows and therefore is not a
CS> good option here.)  That first activity would be the first message
CS> inserted in the first schedule of the top-level swarm?

Yeah, as things are, you're probably stuck with a solution like that.