Re: Win95 Permission Denied

From: Benedikt Stefansson
Subject: Re: Win95 Permission Denied
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 12:57:26 -0600

David,

Since I usually keep a safe distance from Windows machines I can't help you
with this particular problem, but w.r.t. to the code - Darren Schreiber
<address@hidden> pretty much wrote the book on Schelling models in Swarm.
He found some significant bugs in my code, so you would be well advised to
contact him if you want to do some serious work on this model. Then again
hunting for the errors might be half the fun!

Benedikt

David Conti wrote:

> Yesterday, I installed the 2.1 version of swarm (not today's new release)
> and the demo programs.  Everything went great until I tried to compile a
> program with make.  I'm trying to compile the Schelling model from
> Benedict Stefansson's UCLA website as a test program.  The error I get is:
> "C:\Swarm-2.1\etc\swarm: Permission denied"
>
> In my naive approach to Windows I've tried the chmod command in the bash
> or swarm terminal for the Makefile.appl.  Nothing happens.  I'm familiiar
> with swarm on Linux, but the Window system is new to me.  Does anyone have
> any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> David
>
> *************************************
> David Conti
> Genetic Epidemiology
> Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
> Case Western Reserve University
> email: address@hidden
> home: (216) 397-6378

Benedikt Stefansson      | address@hidden
CASA, Inc.               | Ph : (505) 988-8807 x101
Santa Fe, NM 87501       | Fax: (505) 988-3440