Re: one more chapter in the sun installation saga

From: Ken Cline
Subject: Re: one more chapter in the sun installation saga
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 23:01:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Paul Box wrote:

> Well, I was able to fully build and install swarm from the source
> code, using gcc 2.8.1 on our sun sparc ultras.  After running 'make
> install' and 'rehash', I tested the installation using the old trusty
> heatbugs build.
>
> Here's what happened when I tried to make heatbugs:
>
> gcc -g -O2 -L/auto/d2/gnu/lib -L/auto/d2/gnu/lib
> -L/auto/d2/gnu/lib -L/auto/d2/gnu/lib -L/auto/d2/gnu/lib
> -L/auto/d2/gnu/lib -L/auto/d2/gnu/lib -L/auto/d2/gnu/lib
> -L/auto/d2/gnu/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib -R/usr/openwin/lib
> -o heatbugs Heatbug.o HeatSpace.o main.o
> HeatbugModelSwarm.o HeatbugObserverSwarm.o
> HeatbugBatchSwarm.o -lspace -lanalysis -lsimtools
> -lsimtoolsgui -ltkobjc -ltclobjc -lactivity -lrandom
> -lobjectbase  -lcollections -ldefobj -lmisc -lBLT -ltk8.0
> -ltcl8.0 -lXpm -lpng -lhdf5 -lz -lffi -lX11 -lsocket -lnsl
> -lm -lobjc -ldl -R/auto/d2/gnu/lib -R/auto/d2/gnu/lib
> -R/auto/d2/gnu/lib -R/auto/d2/gnu/lib
> Tcl_GetFile                         /auto/d2/gnu/lib/libtclobjc.so
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to heatbugs
> make: *** [heatbugs] Error 1
>
> Seems vaguely familiar to the obj_malloc story from yesterday.  Does
> this mean I have a conflicting version of something else?

My *guess*:
I seem to recall that `Tcl_GetFile' is something from tcl7.6
that not in tcl8.0.  Are trying to build with some library
that was compiled against tcl7.6?

Is `libtclobjc.so' the one that was built with the
swarm-1.4.1 distribution or an older version?

Ken.

Ken Cline                             address@hidden
SAIC                                 VOICE (410) 571-0413
Annapolis, MD                          FAX (301) 261-8427