Re: Q:SIM_AGENT - like displays with SWARM?

From: Eric Werk
Subject: Re: Q:SIM_AGENT - like displays with SWARM?
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:07:04 +0200

Jan Kreft wrote:
> Save position, size, label, whatever, of every agent every n steps into
> file #n, in a suitable format.
>
> Load those files into POV-Ray and render bitmaps of the scenes with your
> agents. The labels of the agents should correspond to texture definitions
> like make agent foo a red sphere etc.
>
> From the stack of bitmaps thus obtained, make a movie.
>
> This procedure is very flexible, e.g. poss also for 3D, and the rendering
> is done after the simulation only when you need it.
>
> Just a thought,
>
> Jan.

That's an interresting idea, Jan! But I'm afraid I might have expressed
myself badly: I'm not really interrested in making a movie (though your
method would be fine for that) but in displaying graphics while the
simulation is running, in continuous space. This is in contrast to the
discrete space that "heatbugs" etc. runs in.

But the idea of making POV-ray files, and rendering scenes sounds
interesting - when I want to present results, in the future.

Eric.