On-line faq: anyone have a copy?

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: On-line faq: anyone have a copy?
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:37:09 -0500

If anyone happened to download and save a copy of the online
SwarmFaq.html, I would be grateful to have a copy back.  Here's the sad
story to explain why I'm in this pathetic situation:

Without a doubt, I have suffered the most ridiculous string of computer
hardships that anyone can imagine.  Within a space of 1 week, one
computer was hacked by vandals and erased and the other had a power
supply failure and the technician who is working on it can't get it to
reboot after replacing that (I fear he is not knowledgable).  I had tape
backups of my research and the Online SwarmFaq, but I can't read those
tapes now because that machine is not working and (here is what really
scares me) I took the tapes to a friend's machine and it claims they are
empty.

This morning I configured the FAQ manager software to run on a DEC alpha
system my university has.  This machine is administered by professionals
from San Antonio who (presumably) know what salsa is supposed to taste
like, er, know how not to lose content.  The address is here:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/SwarmOnlineFaq.html

That document is hollow and has a link to the old faq, which I've not
updated since SwarmFest 1998.

In the happy but unlikely event that one of you did keep a copy of the
online FAQ, send it back and I'll plug it in there.  If not, when my
machine is repaired, there is high likelihood I'll be able to retrieve
it from the disk or the tape.

--
Paul E. Johnson                         email: address@hidden
Dept. of Political Science              http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn