Graphics/control panel problems

From: Tony Bigbee
Subject: Graphics/control panel problems
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 21:01:50 -0400

Hi Glen et al,

I have a couple of problems in the sample apps that may be related.  In
all of the demo/tutorial apps, changing the parameters before starting
the sims has no effect.  I have even tried changing multiple parameters
in multiple control panels before starting, but there seems to be no
effect.

Secondly, in the simpleObserverBug tutorial app, I only see two colors
displayed (the black and the red food) and don't see the bugs.  The bugs
should be green, right?

>From ObserverSwarm.m

  [colorMap setColor: 2 ToName: "green"];

>From Bug.m

 [r drawPointX: xPos Y: yPos Color: 3];

Any ideas?

> From: glen e. p. ropella <address@hidden>

> OK.  There's no restriction on conversation, here.  And I agree that
> there may be some uncertainty about some things.  But, surely it's
> obvious (from the funding aspect, at least) that a home for Swarm
> needs to be found.  One of the things we outlined at SwarmFest (were
> you there?) was that SFI does not really intend to be a software
> development house.  However, they are wholeheartedly in favor of a)
> using Swarm for research that lives at sfi and b) helping any spinoff
> (including for-profit, not-for-profit, and educational and industrial
> r&d).

Unfortunately I couldn't make Swarmfest.  So I don't know a lot of the
group "will."  May I make a selfish request that it be held between
spring and fall when the soaring is good (i.e. for sailplanes)? <big
grin>  Thanks for posting the Swarm Hive/group intentions.  I'm a bit
surprised that no one has commented on the NP proposal in the last
weekly pheromone, but I can't cast any stones since I haven't finished
reading it yet.

Tony