Re: swarm control

From: Glen Ropella
Subject: Re: swarm control
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 16:25:18 -0600

It would seem reasonable to have a "virtual" control panel
for your swarm, with which you could "step" or "stop" or,
even "quit."  In fact, this is related to an open issue for the
Swarm kernel and we plan on doing something like that.  (i.e.
the code for such would make a good user contribution)

I can't tell you where to start, in particular; but, you could
examine the way the GUI control panel handles the swarm and
simply write another function/method to do similar things.
But, you might want to wait for the next release, since that
very routine (ControlPanel.m) has changed somewhat.

glen

|glen e. p. ropella (address@hidden) |                                  |
|Hive Drone, SFI Swarm Project         |            Hail Eris!            |
|www.santafe.edu/~gepr/home.html       |                                  |