Re: Porting SWARM to JAVA or C++

From: Glen Ropella
Subject: Re: Porting SWARM to JAVA or C++
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 16:19:11 -0600

> Team SWARM-
>
> I am doing research on COOPERATIVE AGENTS and
> Problem Solving.  I am interested in looking at
> SWARM... and potentially using it for a few
> models.  Has anyone ported SWARM to JAVA or C++?
> Does anyone on the SWARM team know who I might
> contact or have any advice?  I'd appreciate any
> guidance.
>
> Sincerely,
> Michael Ebstyne

Well, nobody's ported Swarm to Java or C++.  However,
there has been interest in doing such.  The C++ is
highly unlikely because of the need for dynamic schedules.

I don't know about Java.  However, there is a person who is
interested in communications between Java and Swarm
(Christian W. Bridgers <address@hidden>).

Otherwise, go for it!  We'd love to be able to incorporate
a Java port into the Swarm distribution.

glen

|glen e. p. ropella (address@hidden) |                                  |
|Hive Drone, SFI Swarm Project         |            Hail Eris!            |
|www.santafe.edu/~gepr/home.html       |                                  |