Re: Swarm and IRIX

From: Roger M. Burkhart
Subject: Re: Swarm and IRIX
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 19:44:38 -0500

> Has anyone successfully compiled the last 2 versions of swarm
> (feb '96) on an SGI using IRIX 5.3? I've had no serious problems
> until the last 2 versions...960110 was the last version that
> compiled without a hitch. Please email me if you have run into
> this...

The current version of Swarm has recently been reloaded on SGI Indy's
(I don't know what IRIX version) at both Coopers & Lybrand and Carleton
College, but only after replacing a script called "make-h2x" in
swarm/src/defobj to avoid use of an "expand" command not found on SGI's.
If that's the problem you were seeing, you need the same fix.

I'll mail you the replacement version of "make-h2x", along with anyone
else who needs it for an SGI also.  This will be the standard version in
future Swarm releases.

Roger Burkhart