Recompilation Question

From: spears
Subject: Recompilation Question
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 96 15:15:57 EDT

        When trying to recompile Swarm (to use a -O2 option instead of
        the -g option in Makefile.conf), I did a "make clean" and then
        a "make". Everything proceeds fine. However, then when I try to
        compile the heatbug code (for example) I get the error:

gcc -L/rhome/sun32/mlg/swarm/swarm/lib
-L/rhome/sun32/mlg/swarm/swarm/../libtclobjc-1.1b2/lib
-L/rhome/sun32/mlg/gref/swarm/usr/lib -L/usr/lib/X11 -L/usr/local/lib -O2  -o
heatbugs Heatbug.o HeatSpace.o main.o -lspace -lsimtools -ltkobjc -lactivity
 -lrandom -lswarmobject -lcollections -ldefobj -ltclobjc -lBLT -ltk -ltcl -lXpm
-lX11 -lobjc -lm
collect2: ld returned 2 exit status
ld: /rhome/sun32/mlg/swarm/swarm/../libtclobjc-1.1b2/lib/libtclobjc.a: warning:
table of contents for archive is out of date; rerun ranlib(1)
ld: Undefined symbol
   ___objc_class_name_Tcl
   ___objc_class_name_List
gnumake: *** [heatbugs] Error 1

        This also occurs if I do a "make realclean"...

        The original compilation of Swarm from the distribution file works
        fine. The application compiles fine as well. It is only when I try
        to REcompile Swarm that I run into these sort of troubles.

        Any guesses as to why this happens?

        Thanks, Bill (please 'cc' replies to address@hidden)