gcc Compile

From: Doug Donalson
Subject: gcc Compile
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 96 11:45:12 PST

Hi,

   I have two questions.

1.)  I was told by my system manager that gcc needs
     a resident C compiler to install itself.  Is this
     true?  Specifically, I installed Sun OS2.4 on my PC but
     it doesn't come with a generic compiler.  Purchasing
     one is a costly proposal.

2.)  Are the SWARM executables transferable to machines
     that don't have all on the libraries installed or
     does the executable code need access to them at run time.

Cheers,

   Doug Donalson