space: the initial frontier

From: Timothy H . Keitt
Subject: space: the initial frontier
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 95 15:11:24 MST

Hi,

I'm hoping to implement several simulation models in SWARM based on
the notion of a set of interconnected "habitat patches."  What I need
are some suitable space objects.  Since I don't want to reinvent the
wheel, I'd like to know what "spaces" other people are working on.

For example, I'd like to have a 2D grid space where each grid-cell
contained a list (or hash) of agents.  This seems fairly strait
forward.  I noticed there is a List object in the collections library,
so I could just subclass grid2D (listGrid2D?) and place a list at each
location in the grid.  Has anyone else worked on this?

Any thoughts, suggestions appreciated.

Tim