swarm-modeling

[Swarm-Modelling] Modeling the behaviour of diabetes patients

From: Pieter Steenekamp
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] Modeling the behaviour of diabetes patients
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:01:52 +0200

Hi
I have started to develop a swarm model that predicts the behaviour of diabetes patients to assist with influencing them to make simple lifestyle changes, like following a healthier diet, increasing physical activity, not smoking and use the medication as prescribed.

Although I have a very long way to go, I think I'm doing fine now, it's not that I don't have any problems, but I try different things and haven't reached a dead-end. I've written a spec and have as jet a very basic Swarm model representing "normalPeople" with "diabetesPatients" as a subset of these. I want to use a scale free network to model the interaction between these people.

If anyone is busy doing something similar, maybe we can compare notes and help each other. Or maybe someone can just point me towards some info that could help me in my effort.

Pieter Steenekamp