summer-of-code

Re: Slot allocations

From: Nagarjuna G
Subject: Re: Slot allocations
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 13:10:52 +0530

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Daniel Thomas <address@hidden> wrote:
> So currently there are 16 projects for GNU which are rated with the top
> average score of 5. We have 10 slots. How is that disparity being
> resolved? Are the org admins going to go through those 16 and decide
> which 10 are the best? Is an average score of 5 indicative of that
> project being awesome? Is there anything I should be doing to help?

I did not give any project 5//5.  I did not evaluate projects that I
could not mentor.   So, instead of looking at the average score of 5,
which is possible even if one evaluator evaluated it and gave 5/5, it
is good to see the potential of the proposals, possibility of success
based on the student's familiarity with the technology, past
involvement, etc.

gnowsys has two matching proposals with some minor difference.  What
we can do is to seek/compete for only one slot.  If other mentors also
could do the same we can arrive at some result.

--
GN