Re: [STUMP] which is better: clisp or threaded sbcl?

From: Carlos Konstanski
Subject: Re: [STUMP] which is better: clisp or threaded sbcl?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:08:42 -0700

At Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:48:14 -0300,
Jeronimo Pellegrini wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 07:57:43AM -0700, Carlos Konstanski wrote:
> > I have just discovered stumpwm.  I love it on my x86 machine, where I
> > can let stumpwm run in cmucl.
> >
> > On my x86_64 machine, however, I am running into issues.  I need to
> > use a threaded SBCL for website work.  This SBCL has the
> > much-mentioned keyboard freezing problem when I run stumpwm in it.
>
> I have been using threaded SBCL without apparent problems. The box
> freezes for seconds sometimes, but it is probably because I'm using
> some progrmas that do swap a lot.
>
> Maybe this has fixed the issue:
>
> 1.0.14.4: increase MAX_INTERRUPTS to 1024
> * ...hopefully fixing Stumpwm, and other signal-prone applications.
>
> So, getting the latest git/cvs version may help. But I'm not sure
> since I don't know much about it (I just use StumpWM, and it's been
> really good so far).
>
> J.

I have been running the stumpwm-cvs package in the gentoo portage
tree.  I am also using the latest stable sbcl in portage (which is
1.0.9) and clx 0.7.3.  I'll try getting the latest stumpwm first.

I still want to get it working with clisp later.  If I have trouble
I'll start a new thread.  Thanks for all your great help.

Carlos