Does anyone know when the libasound bugs get finally fixed

From: Hermann
Subject: Does anyone know when the libasound bugs get finally fixed
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:55:19 +0200

am So 30. M?r 2008 um 14:39:53 schrieb Halim Sahin <halim.sahin at t-online.de>:
> unfortunately alsa isn't very stable regarding softmixing and some
> sounddrivers.
>
> I am using the oss drivers from opensound.com on my laptop.
> These drivers are working very well with oss and softmixing etc.

Does this mean, that I can use several audio sources at one time,like in Alsa?
(Speech and playing sound files)

> But these did not work on my other machine with the sblive (btw. sblive
> does hardwaremixing no need for softmixing).

I use a SB 128PCI on my machine; do you know anything about this card?

> If someone wants to try the drivers don't forget to save your alsa
> drivers before because the oss stuff deletes them without asking the user
> during
> installation!!!!!!!

Can you describe the procedure of getting and installing those drivers and the
saving of the Alsa drivers as well?
Hermann