Does anyone know when the libasound bugs get finally fixed

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: Does anyone know when the libasound bugs get finally fixed
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:35:49 +0200

Hi,

unfortunately alsa isn't very stable regarding softmixing and some
sounddrivers.

I am using the oss drivers from opensound.com on my laptop.
These drivers are working very well with oss and softmixing etc.

But these did not work on my other machine with the sblive (btw. sblive
does hardwaremixing no need for softmixing).

If someone wants to try the drivers don't forget to save your alsa
drivers before because the oss stuff deletes them without asking the user during
installation!!!!!!!
HTH.
Halim