Espeak produces an echo when punctuation is activated

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: Espeak produces an echo when punctuation is activated
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 16:44:34 +0100

hermann p??e v St 05. 03. 2008 v 14:36 +0100:
> > The idea is that when speaking text with punctuation turned on, it
> > speaks the names of the punctuation symbols with a different sounding
> > voice, in order to distinguish "comma" meaning the symbol from the word
> > "comma" which appears in the text.
> In my view it is bad, but perhaps we wait till we have more feedback on
> this.

I'm not blind, but to me, the idea seems very reasonable (to
distinguish beteen comma as a symbol and the word "comma"
in the text).

Perhaps just the realization (the type of voice used) is bad?
Or perhaps it should be possible to turn this functionality
on and off.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke