Erro while compiling Espeak

From: Jonathan Duddington
Subject: Erro while compiling Espeak
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:59:00 +0000 (GMT)

On 05 Mar, Hermann <meinelisten at onlinehome.de> wrote:

> I tried to compile Espeak from the source, and got a lot of errors I
> send in an attached file.

Most of these are warning, which you can ignore.

The warnings in numbers.cpp are simple for me to fix. I'll do that.

The "deferencing type-punned pointer" is a bit odd. I don't know
exactly what it means of why the compiler thinks it's a problem.

"The use of tmpnam" is not nearly so dangerous as the compiler thinks.
I'll change it, but that be a problem with the Windows version.

The only real problem is at the end:
"undefined reference to Pa_StreamActive"

This means that the linker can't find the Portaudio v18 library on your
computer.  This may be because your computer has Portaudio v19 rather
than v18, in which case try copying  portaudio18.h  to replace
portaudio.h  in the eSpeak src directory.