spamass-milt-list

Re: subject is deleted instead of rewritten

From: Niki Waibel
Subject: Re: subject is deleted instead of rewritten
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 13:55:44 +0100 (MET)

>> i have seen the ``-m'' option in spamass-milter.
>> but i dont see the reason for that option.
>> if you do not modify the message then you do not see that it is spam...
>>
>> oh -- i think i just have recognized ... it just modifies the header of
>> emails when using that option. am i right?
>
> Exactly.
>
> I'm using it before I make spamassassin live, so that mail gets tagged
> but is not visibly tagged from the users' point of view.

okay -- may you check spamass-milter without ``-m''?
i'd like to verify that this is not just a problem _i_ have.

in my case i need that the users are informed by the Subject line...

anyway -- i have seen that other header lines have been deleted.
here:
===
Jan  8 18:19:53 enterprise2 sm-mta[27160]: [ID 801593 mail.info] h08HIEod027160:
        Milter delete: header  Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
===
it looks like a bug.

i am currently checking the src code, but i think that you're faster.
(you are one of the developers, am i right?)

niki