sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] memory leak

From: Kim Minh Kaplan
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] memory leak
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 17:47:28 +0100

Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:

> I can see "<recon as client> error in callback.: Out of memory"
> messages and a certain amount of "Reconciliation attempt from xxx
> while gossip disabled. Ignoring."
>
> I don't know if the later may cause the memory consumption.
> Now I disable them at IP level.
> Then let's see what happens...

You are probably punishing the wrong peer. “Reconciliation attempt
from xxx  while gossip disabled. Ignoring.” only means that xxx tried
and connect for a reconciliation exchange while you were already
exchanging with another peer.

But you may have forgotten to

>> Remember to raise recon debuglevel.

Once you do it the log will have the peer you are connected to when
the Out of memory happens.
--
Kim Minh.
http://www.kim-minh.com/