sipwitch-devel

[Sipwitch-devel] 403 errors

From: Philipp Schwaha
Subject: [Sipwitch-devel] 403 errors
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 09:56:45 +0100

hi list! ;)

I find the concepts behind sipwitch highly attractive and have attempted
to set up a sipwitch service. The setup works as far as starting a
daemon and even authenticating users. However, so far I have not been
able to make a single call, as all attempts fail with a 403 error.
Searching the web has, so far, not yielded helpful results.

I started the sipw server using this command line in order to produce
some server side information
 /usr/sbin/sipw -vvvv -f  --debug 9999
which results in messages such as:

sipwitch: authorizing local; target=XXXX
sipwitch: rewrite process; target=XXXX, dialing=XXXX
sipwitch: rewrite process; registry=0x7fb7d3fb8000, dialed=0x261b6d0
sipwitch: rejecting invite from address@hidden; error=403

I tried several differen sip clients (ekiga, empathy, linphone, twinkle)
now, without meeting with any success beyond the recurring 403 error.

Is there any way to further debug/diagnose this?
Have I missed something in the configuration (I can post it if desired)

thanks
        Philipp