sipwitch-devel

Re: [Sipwitch-devel] 403 errors

From: Steve Murphy
Subject: Re: [Sipwitch-devel] 403 errors
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 10:50:31 +0100

Hi Philipp

I do not know exactly how to fix your problem, but I am replying because I have had similiar problems during my own experiences with sipwitch. Unfortunately I did not keep detailed notes of all the issues I have encountered so far and how I have fixed them. Also it is important to note I am far from an expert in using sipwitch ! Most of my config was arrived at by stabbing repeatedly in the dark..so beware of what I say :0)

My feeling is your problem might be something to do with a mismatch of advertised domains between clients and server. Check /etc/siprealm contains the valid realm that sipwitch instance is servicing ( I am a little confused about the practical difference between siprealm , authentication realm and server name - in my setup they are identical ... e.g. sip.my.domain ) . I have this same value included in localnames of sipwitch.conf. On the clients ( I am using twinkle ) - I use this same value ( sip.my.domain ) to set the SIP account "domain" AND the SIP "authentication realm".

One useful way to gather more information is to sniff the SIP packets using tcpdump. On the server running sipw , run something like "tcpdump port sip -w siptraffic.td " . You can view captured file with wireshark ( if you are working on the machine with the interfaces you want to sniff then you can just run wireshark directly ).

One thing that I suggest you check is the advertised address@hidden tokens that you see in the sip traffic - paying particular attention that the advertised domain for caller and callee matches the siprealm/domain managed by the server - I'd expect to see all registration and call requests to be advertised as coming from address@hidden - and call invites requesting the same format. All this can be easily seen using wireshark.

Hope that helps in some way

Steve