Re: [Simulavr-devel] Need Tar for Atmega328 Simulation

From: ThomasK
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Need Tar for Atmega328 Simulation
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 08:28:50 +0100

Hi Petr,

Am 04.12.2011 22:50, schrieb Petr Hluzín:
Undefined symbols:
   "_compress", referenced from:
       _bfd_compress_section_contents in libbfd.a(compress.o)

GNU libbfd recently introduced a dependency from zlib.  (For another

I'm not sure, what's happen on Brandon's box. Normally, configure script should solve this and seek too for libz. But I have some memories about libz and if this is needed or not. So, maybe, it depends also on version of libbfd. But I havn't Mac and we should know, with which versions Brandon has tried to compile.

For replacement of reading elf parts: I would be very carefully with replacing libbfd, even if we only need to read the binary parts of elf. For me, it would be better to solve this problem in configure than to write a "private" code part for reading elf. (which we had to maintain and I'm awaiting some bugs, because it's new written) Brandon's problem was "just" a linker problem, not a problem with code itself.

I hope, that I can find time for that in next days to look over last changes and a lot of posts and comments. :-)

And: as Brandon asked - what about a pre release or developer release or such? Tar ball is one part, another would be a compiled version for some platforms (linux isn't a problem at all, I could prepare a version for windows with msys, but now we have the ability to get a "native" version with visual studio, maybe we'll support both for the beginning to compare. What's with Mac, Solaris etc.?)

cu, Thomas