[Simulavr-devel] Need Tar for Atmega328 Simulation

From: Brandon Mason
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Need Tar for Atmega328 Simulation
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 23:28:22 -0700

Can I get one of the devs to produce a tar for the most recent version?  I
need support for atmega328, which appears to not be supported in the most
recent tar (simulavr-0.1.2.7).

I've spent over four hours trying to get the version on github to compile
and there are just too many dependencies that I do not know how to resolve
on my Mac.  I'm currently getting bootstrap and configure to run, and all
the files to compile, then the linker blows up on some internal dependency
of libbfd or libiberty).  I'll have nightmares tonight, I'm sure:

Undefined symbols:
  "_compress", referenced from:
      _bfd_compress_section_contents in libbfd.a(compress.o)
     (maybe you meant: _bfd_init_section_compress_status,
_bfd_compress_section_contents , _bfd_is_section_compressed )

Interestingly, the tarball for simulavr-0.1.2.7 compiled fine, just did not
have the device I need.  It's weird that it can find its dependencies, but
the github version can't.

I've also tried frankensteining the files from simulavr-0.1.2.7 and github
to no avail.  It compiles, but produces an executable which still does not
display support for atmega328 when I run src/simulavr --help.

So... yeah, just looking for the quickest path out of the jungle here.  Any
help would be appreciated.

-Brandon