Re: [Simulavr-devel] Who uses tcl interface?

From: ThomasK
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Who uses tcl interface?
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 18:00:18 +0100

Hi Joel,

Is the git the official repository now?

That's the open problem: it isn't! And there was no real commitment to use git or maybe also svn instead of cvs. (as you can see in last postings on this mailing list, there are really not much ... ;-) It was a maybe ...)

So, in fact, Onno's and my work on simulavrxx are a fork of simulavrxx now. But this is not, what we want to have. And savannah has support for git, that would also not be a problem. From a technical point of view it needs less than a hour (I would say, less than 10 minutes ... ;-) ) to transfer old simulavr base and new simulavrxx to a git repo on savannah. If you look on my repo on github.com, you can find both as branches. And with that It would be a little bit easier to integrate Onno's an my new changes there. Or to take our changes, as it is now and to test it more ...

And that's the decision to make: let it be a fork and cvs repo on savannah is untouched or integrate it!

cu, Thomas