Re: [Simulavr-devel] why I hate autotools

From: Thomas Klepp
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] why I hate autotools
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 17:40:04 +0200

Hi Joel,

The same explicit method is in both simulavr.i and pysimulavr.i:

SystemClock &GetSystemClock() { return SystemClock::Instance(); }

It needs to be moved to a third location and just referenced by the various
language interfaces.

In python we don't need this function, because it's possible to use it directly as "sc = SystemClock.Instance()".

I have a more extended version of pysimulavr.i I have send this to Michael for testing and he was able to use it. If you want, I can resend this container also to you. In the moment it's only for testing purposes, that pysimulavr module works.

But I think, I'll have time in the next days to integrate this new pysimulavr.i, so it would be available to use and try for all. --enable-python option for configure is now implemented. I'll push it to my git repo on github.com: http://github.com/tomk/simulavrxx/tree/dev-stable (if there are questions about it, feel free to ask)

cu, Thomas