Re: [Simulavr-devel] Is this project still alive?

From: Michael N. Moran
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Is this project still alive?
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:49:02 -0400

Klaus Rudolph wrote:
All the open patches are not really out of problems, so I
could not patch them in with no side effects.

Klaus,

If you would like to enumerate and discuss the issues
that you see perhaps I could help you work through them.
I do not know about any objections that you might have.

Only the bug fix for the ext irq is absolutly ok and
could be patched in. My local home version has this patch. But there is no problem for all the people to use
this single patch against the actual release, so I have
not done a new release for that.

Sorry, all other patches generate side effects or
implement features in a quick hack method.

Ouch! That's the first time I've heard that accusation.
Please tell me what the problem is and we can work together
to fix any problems.

It makes no sense I personaly think to have a new AD
component which will not work as in the original
hardware.

I agree with you in principle, and it has been a while
since I have looked at that code, but as I recall it
*does* behave like the original hardware. Again, please
elaborate on specifics.

I just assumed that the project was dead or at least
in suspended animation. I know what it is like to run
out of time to work on these projects, especially if
they are not scratching a particular itch :-)

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
 and we never even know we have the key."
"Already Gone" by Jack Tempchin (recorded by The Eagles)

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1