Re: [Simulavr-devel] Is this project still alive?

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Is this project still alive?
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 19:37:10 +0200

The project members are still alive :-)

The project is a bit out of date....

The simulation is working fine, "only" the build is sometimes a bit misterious, because simulavrxx uses a lot of environmental components. Using simulavr is no solution if you need the additional features which makes the problems while building.

What will be done in the future:

maybe if I need more features, I will implement them and this will be the next release. But actually I am dealing with arm9. If Bill have time and fun, he could fix the build problems and make a new release for that reason.

All the open patches are not really out of problems, so I could not patch them in with no side effects. Only the bug fix for the ext irq is absolutly ok and could be patched in. My local home version has this patch. But there is no problem for all the people to use this single patch against the actual release, so I have not done a new release for that. Sorry, all other patches generate side effects or implement features in a quick hack method. It makes no sense I personaly think to have a new AD component which will not work as in the original hardware.

Is this project alive?
And the simulavrxx project is supported. If there are questions, there are answers.

Thats the actual state of the project I think.... maybe others think it is dead :-)

Regards
Klaus