screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] GNU Screen v.4.2.0

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] GNU Screen v.4.2.0
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 04:03:06 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 10:08:32PM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> > Also people wanting to attach to older session can use a workaround:
> > $ ps a | grep SCREEN
> > $ /proc/$pid_from_above/exe -r
> > to reattach
>
> Yes. I'm somehow annoyed that I didn't have that idea two years ago.
> :-) May have been easier than patching or my first attempt with saving
> the old /usr/bin/screen somewhere under /tmp/.
>
> Then again that's said to just work on Linux and maybe FreeBSD with
> Linux compatibility mode...

Tried that between 4.2.0 and 4.2.1 -- doesn't work on Linux (anymore),
neither as user nor as root:

$ /proc/17773/exe -r
zsh: permission denied: /proc/17773/exe
# /proc/17773/exe -ls
zsh: permission denied: /proc/17773/exe

:-(

So I'll likely have to extend the according patch to also try to talk
with a 4.1.0/4.2.0 screen.

                Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | address@hidden  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | address@hidden (Mail+Jabber)