screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] GNU Screen v.4.2.0

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] GNU Screen v.4.2.0
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 09:10:41 +0200

Hi Amadeusz,

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 12:53:22AM +0200, Amadeusz Sławiński wrote:
> it is my pleasure to announce release of GNU Screen v.4.2.0

Not a bad idea to _not_ call this 4.1.0 -- a version number floating
around with -dev suffixes in quite many distros. :-)

Good to see that you got commit access, etc.

> Please note that due to some changes it may be not possible to attach
> to sessions created with older binaries.

There's a patch for that at
http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/series/view/screen/4.1.0~20120320gitdb59704-9/60-644788-screen-4.1.0-4.0.3-interoperability.patch

Feel free to include it in 4.2.1. (Not tried if it still applies, but
I will try soon. :-)

P.S.: I recently got one report that someone uses Screen's Zmodem
support for some embedded board (Soekris) maintenance. No further
details though as I didn't get that first hand.

                Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | address@hidden  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | address@hidden (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)