screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] GNU Screen v.4.2.0

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] GNU Screen v.4.2.0
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 22:38:54 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 06:54:03PM +0200, Amadeusz Sławiński wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:52:37 +0200
> > At opensuse, we have a wagonload of patches, that I'd like to offer
> > for your review and merge into upstream.

Same counts for Debian as mentioned before. :-)

> If anyone else has any patches, please share ;)

The patches I used against 4.2.0 for the Debian package (available in
Debian Experimental for now) should be available for easy reviewing at
http://patch-tracker.debian.org/package/screen/4.2.0-1 but Debian's
patch tracker seems down for the moment. :-(

A less comfortable variant is at
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/screen.git;a=tree;f=debian/patches

Most of the patches should be suitable for upstream inclusion.

Solely those which change the size of some string lengths (user name,
$TERM, etc.) may cause issues as they may change the internal protocol
between client and server processs as far as I understood it.

The patch 80EXP_session_creation_time.patch should be regarded as
feature as it changes default behaviour. It sorts "screen -ls" output
by creation time and also affects "screen -rr" and friends -- IIRC it
makes them more deterministic. Maybe something for the development
branch and the 5.x releases.

                Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | address@hidden  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | address@hidden (Mail+Jabber)