[task #15939] Submission of Perl::PrereqScanner::Scanner::DistZilla::Plu

From: Ineiev
Subject: [task #15939] Submission of Perl::PrereqScanner::Scanner::DistZilla::PluginBundle
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 05:59:06 -0400 (EDT)

             Assigned to:                    None => ineiev

[comment #1 comment #1:]
> However, if anyone else makes a release, it will have the wrong identifier
"GPL-3.0-only".

This is confusing. Probably you would be better off if you didn't use this
feature.

[comment #3 comment #3:]

> Also, another thing I just thought of: The documentation is under the same
license as the rest of the project (GPLv3+), which is incompatible with the
GFDL. But the documentation is inline with the code (POD), so does this
matter? It would be kind of a pain to specify different licensing terms for
different things in the same file.

> I found [https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/bobot another
>line 131
<https://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/bobot/BoBot/BoBot.pl?view=markup#l131>).

Manuals should be licensed in a way compatible with the GFDL.  Whether the
inline documentation qualifies as a manual---it depends on the contents of
that documentation. For this case, I think the documentation is short enough,
so it's OK to release it just under the GPL.

> (Incidentally, the license notices for BoBot claim that it is part of the
GNU project, but the Savannah project page
<https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/bobot> states otherwise.)

This should be fixed. Please contact the developers.

Do your other packages registered on Savannah have these issues?

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15939>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/