[Savannah-register-public] [task #14403] Submission of Guile-CV

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14403] Submission of Guile-CV
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 14:22:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hello David,

> I'm sorry Pavel, but Guile-CV already has been evaluated.

There are two options here:
Either guile-cv has been evaluated *and accepted* as a GNU program,
or it is being evaluated as a non-gnu program.

If it has been accepted as an official GNU program,
we (savannah admin) wait for an official announcement sent to
address@hidden
Then the project will be approved quickly, without further evaluation on our
part.

As long as there's no such announcement, it is not an official gnu program,
and a savannah admin evaluates it as  a non-gnu program. Such evaluation is
subject to the admin's discretion,
and Pavel is right to require licensing improvements.

As a side note,
I'll say the there were few cases where the gnu evaluation team was less
strict in their evaluation of licensing requirements then the savannah team,
approving projects in states that I (personally) would not have approved.
However that's their prerogative and evaluation is somewhat subject, as
recently discussed here:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2017-03/msg00007.html
.

> Could you validate the change of headers that you required,
> and open a project page for Guile-CV asap, thanks

Please remember we are all volunteers here,
giving our time to improve free-software (just like you do).
It helps to keep things courteous instead of demanding immediate approval.

regards,
 - assaf