Re: Trouble creating mailing lists

From: Ian Kelling
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 14:23:40 -0400

Ian Kelling <iank@fsf.org> writes:

>> Ok, I've reproduced the issue by logging into savannah as superuser and
>> clicking to create an ironclad project list. It appears that the script
>> on the lists server is not being called (it does logging, and has logged
>> nothing). But, in that log I see that another list was created
>> yesterday. So, it seems like there is an issue in the savannah code I'm
>> less familiar with.
>>
>> Could one of the savannah hackers look into this? The goal is to create
>> 2 public lists:
>>
>> ironclad@nongnu.org and
>> bug-ironclad@nongnu.org
>
> Ok, I talked with Bob briefly, the earlier step in the process is a cron
> that runs /opt/savannah/bin/sv_mailman on mgt0. So, looks like a bit of
> work to check if that script is having a problem, or if it is in the
> code that handles the post request.
>
> And I double checked that the POST returned 200, the url and data for
> creating ironclad@nongnu.org is this:
>
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/mail/admin/index.php
> form_id=redacted
> post_changes=y
> group_id=12228
> list_name[new]
> newlist_format_index=1
> is_public[new]=1
> description[new]=test
> update=Submit

Ok, I looked into that cron script, looks like it doesn't find the list
in the database, so something is going on in an earlier step.

mysql> select * from mail_group_list where list_name = 'ironclad';

0 results.

streaksu, I will create the lists for you manually, they just won't show
up in the savannah UI until this gets sorted out.