Re: Trouble creating mailing lists

From: Ian Kelling
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 12:16:08 -0400

Ian Kelling <iank@fsf.org> writes:

> Ok, I've reproduced the issue by logging into savannah as superuser and
> clicking to create an ironclad project list. It appears that the script
> on the lists server is not being called (it does logging, and has logged
> nothing). But, in that log I see that another list was created
> yesterday. So, it seems like there is an issue in the savannah code I'm
> less familiar with.
>
> Could one of the savannah hackers look into this? The goal is to create
> 2 public lists:
>
> ironclad@nongnu.org and
> bug-ironclad@nongnu.org

Ok, I talked with Bob briefly, the earlier step in the process is a cron
that runs /opt/savannah/bin/sv_mailman on mgt0. So, looks like a bit of
work to check if that script is having a problem, or if it is in the
code that handles the post request.

And I double checked that the POST returned 200, the url and data for
creating ironclad@nongnu.org is this:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/mail/admin/index.php
form_id=redacted
post_changes=y