Re: [savannah-help-public] [Fwd: Re: gnu.org/software/libreboot]

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] [Fwd: Re: gnu.org/software/libreboot]
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 00:52:55 -0400

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 09:31:10PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:

> The general wisdom is never to enable .htaccess files if one has
> access to the configuration file directly.  Which we (well the FSF) do
> have access to and therefore the .htaccess files are not needed.  Just
> have the global file include the necessary configuration.

The FSF does; individual package maintainers (including GNU webmasters)
don't (not directly); we do have the .symlinks [0] feature to insert
redirections to include redirections to Apache config, and I'm generally
in favor of it; however, the fact is that www group currently uses
the top-level .htaccess for redirections and making SSI directives expand
in a specific kind of files.

[0] https://www.gnu.org/server/standards/README.webmastering.html#symlinks