Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] OpenSSL License

From: Joan Lledó
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] OpenSSL License
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 23:35:30 +0200

Hi,

     a new project has been submit

Please give the url to the task for it.
I was talking about this submission:

https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?12788
[...]

If they are using GPLv2+ rather than GPLv3+, they'll have to get the
exception text from an old version of wget, I don't have it at hand.
Oh, except I think I just found it at
https://people.gnome.org/~markmc/openssl-and-the-gpl.html.
Well, actually, I'm not sure what license is this project released with. The description of the submission says "Other (BSD)", but the COPYING file of the tarball contains the text of the LGPL2+... reading the source files doesn't help, since they all lack the license header.

I'm writing him to clarify this issue.