Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem with CIFS and Hard Links

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem with CIFS and Hard Links
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:18:48 -0400

Doug Renfrew wrote:
> Mounting options were in the original email, reproduced below. I am
> using cifs with the default options. I am not sure what those are
> specifically.
>
> //111.222.333.444/backup  /backup  cifs
> defaults,username=backup,password=12345678 0 0
>
> I am willing to try any test you want

Doug,

I have done some more reading about the Samba options. Can you run
`testparm -v /path/to/smb.conf`

This will give the output of all of the settings for the troublesome
Samba server so I can set mine up identically and recreate this bug. In
particular "default case" "case sensitive" "preserve case" "short
preserve case" and a few DOS options could be the clue here.

Thanks,
Andrew

--
Andrew Ferguson - address@hidden