Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem with CIFS and Hard Links

From: Mario Doering
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem with CIFS and Hard Links
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:51:38 +0100

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:53:33 -0400
Andrew Ferguson <address@hidden> wrote:

> > That is not easy, because there is no access to the samba
> > configuration.
>
> Hmm, ok. Maybe we can find a way to get the config options remotely.
>
> Can you try the following commands in the meantime:
>
> $ cd /path/to/terrastation/mount
> $ touch A
> $ ls a
> $ rm a
> $ ls A
>
> and send back the output? This is the series of commands rdiff-backup
> effectively executes on the way to causing the troublesome exception.

that is very weird....

the first time I execute the script:

# ./test.bash
PATH: /home/root
CMD : cd /mnt/backup/test2
EXIT: 0
----------------
PATH: /mnt/backup/test2
CMD : touch A
EXIT: 0
----------------
PATH: /mnt/backup/test2
CMD : ls -l a
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 0 Mar 20  2007 a
EXIT: 0
----------------
PATH: /mnt/backup/test2
CMD : rm a
EXIT: 0
----------------
PATH: /mnt/backup/test2
CMD : ls -l A
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Mar 20 16:48 A
EXIT: 0

the second time I execute the script:

# ./test.bash
PATH: /home/root
CMD : cd /mnt/backup/test2
EXIT: 0
----------------
PATH: /mnt/backup/test2
CMD : touch A
EXIT: 0
----------------
PATH: /mnt/backup/test2
CMD : ls -l a
ls: cannot access a: No such file or directory
EXIT: 2
----------------
PATH: /mnt/backup/test2
CMD : rm a
rm: cannot remove `a': No such file or directory
EXIT: 1
----------------
PATH: /mnt/backup/test2
CMD : ls -l A
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Mar 20 16:49 A
EXIT: 0

then I delete /mnt/backup/test2/A and execute it a third time:

# rm /mnt/backup/test2/A
# ls -l /mnt/backup/test2/A
ls: cannot access /mnt/backup/test2/A: No such file or directory
# ./test.bash
PATH: /home/root
CMD : cd /mnt/backup/test2
EXIT: 0
----------------
PATH: /mnt/backup/test2
CMD : touch A
EXIT: 0
----------------
PATH: /mnt/backup/test2
CMD : ls -l a
ls: cannot access a: No such file or directory
EXIT: 2
----------------
PATH: /mnt/backup/test2
CMD : rm a
rm: cannot remove `a': No such file or directory
EXIT: 1
PATH: /mnt/backup/test2
CMD : ls -l A
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Mar 20 16:50 A