Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem with CIFS and Hard Links

From: Andrew D Ferguson (address@hidden)
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem with CIFS and Hard Links
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 13:13:24 -0500

> I have a Buffalo TeraStation Pro (small linux based NAS) [1] connected
> through a hub to my Fedora Core 6 file server. The TeraStation (TS)
> usesSamba to share files and I have the backup directory on the TS
> mounted to
> /backup of my file server the using the following line in my
> /etc/fstab file
> [2].

Doug,

I believe your problem is the same as the one mentioned here:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?16852

I'm curious why you believe your problem is releated to hard links? My thinking
is that it is connected to the 'a' and 'A' files that are created during that
test. Do you know if your SAMBA mount is case sensitive or not? I think that is
the crux of the issue.

Thanks,
Andrew

--