Re: [RP] Re: complile-time bindable

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: complile-time bindable
Date: Wed Apr 9 10:10:17 2003

Björn Lindström <address@hidden> writes:

> twb <address@hidden> [20030409 11:30]:
> > I have to disagree.  Much as I think dynamic config is
> > important, RP is small and simple enough that it is better to
> > do most config at compile time (on single-user systems anyway).
> > This is because you get a faster binary (significantly, I
> > presume), and less bloat.
>
> I think this argument is a bit bogus, since ratpoison already has
> to parse config files, rebinding keys etc. We're simply talking
> about somehow extending that feature to this function.
>
> It would be different if we were talking about making all
> bindings compile-time only bindable. (Ugh.)

Yeah, I'm afraid we've already talked too much. This is beginning to
sound like software engineering! It *would* only take about 15 lines
to right :). But you know, because of the WAR and all, I think we'll
just keep it at compile time bindable. We don't want people thinkin'
they can just bind whatever they want!

Shawn