Re: [RP] No xterm

From: Simon White
Subject: Re: [RP] No xterm
Date: Mon Oct 21 03:37:07 2002

20-Oct-02 at 16:02, Brian (address@hidden) wrote :
> > And when you launch "xterm" from a KDE "console" ?
>
> xterm launched from the KDE "console" works fine under ratpoison.  I
> just can't launch "xterm" from the CTRL-A SHFT-! shell cmd window.
>
> I guess I should have explained myself better by asking "Are there any
> known incompatibilities between xterm and ratpoison?".

I had problems with xterm on a Linux-PPC distribution (Yellow Dog) but
that was also a problem under twm. I know it's not a solution, but I
would recommend rxvt which is faster and often works where xterm fails
for me (it worked for my Linux-PPC machine).

Also, out of interest... do console applications run OK with xterm -e
appname ?

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. address@hidden GIMPS:41.31% see www.mersenne.org]
Hofstadter's Law states that projects take longer than expected, even when