Re: [RP] Re: ratmenu feature requests (really well thought over)

From: Rupert
Subject: Re: [RP] Re: ratmenu feature requests (really well thought over)
Date: Fri Oct 18 09:44:01 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:05:40 -0700
Jonathan Walther <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 03:52:28PM +0200, Bj?rn Lindstr?m wrote:
> >A friend of mine came up with the following two suggestions for
> >new features in ratmenu. I think they both qualify as
> >"non-bloat", and should be considered.
> >
> >a) The possibillity to make some other alternative than the first
> >in the list the default alternative. Possibly by putting an
> >argument before the preferred default alternative.

Hey, that's a coincidence!

  http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~levene/ratmenu-defaultitem.diff

For example,

  ratmenu -defaultitem 2 menu1 cmd1 menu2 cmd2 menu3 cmd3

selects the "menu2" item as default. Also

  http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~levene/ratpoison-winmenu.sh

is a good replacement for the ratpoison command "windows" as it invokes
ratmenu with the current window selected as the default.

Rupert