Re: [RP] One command to unbind them all?

From: Chauveau S.
Subject: Re: [RP] One command to unbind them all?
Date: Fri Oct 18 01:56:02 2002

Ryan Yeske wrote:

Jonathan Walther <address@hidden> writes:

Huu!! wouldn't it be easier to create a command unbind_all?
No. That command is too specific.  You can only use it for one thing.
Being able to "dump" all the keybindings to stdout so that other
programs can do anything they want with them, that would be useful.  It
is the ratpoison way.  Ryan, Gergely, Shawn, jump in and help me here :)

Ok ! I did'nt grab the whole philosophy of ratpoison

alias unbindall exec for i in $(xmodmap -pke | sed -e 's/keycode.*=//' | xargs); do
ratpoison --command="unbind $i"; done

Nice :-)
I just have to add the modifiers and that should do it.

I am at work now so I can't test it but I see a potential problem: doesn't
'exec' run the command in the background? If so, 'unbindall' may not be
completed when I start my own binds in .ratpoisonrc

An obvious solution could be to do all unbinds and binds from a single
shell script started from .ratpoisonrc.

S.