Re: [RP] One command to unbind them all?

From: Stephane Chauveau
Subject: Re: [RP] One command to unbind them all?
Date: Thu Oct 17 12:09:02 2002

Jonathan Walther wrote:

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 07:02:50PM +0200, Stephane Chauveau wrote:

I want to redefine all keystrokes but in order to do so I have first to
unbind the default ones. Is there a simple way to do that?

Can you provide more detail?  I'm not sure why you would have to unbind
the default keystrokes to be able to redefine all keystrokes.

I have a modified version in which the prefix is replaced by the Windows
modifier (see my patch in the thread "Using Window key as prefix"). I find
it really convenient because keystroke are now accessible using a single key sequence (instead of prefix + key) so they are twice as fast. The disadvantage of this approach is that the Window key is between Ctrl and Alt so it becomes too easy to launch a ratpoison keystroke instead of an application
keystroke.

Most ratpoison keystrokes are not really dangerous but they can be a bit
disturbing when you don't expect them. That's why I want to remove all keystrokes and remap the ones I want to keys I do not use too much in other applications (emacs,
terminals, ...).

S.