.ratpoisonrc errata Re: [RP] altgr...the final frontier

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: .ratpoisonrc errata Re: [RP] altgr...the final frontier
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:38:22 -0800 (PST)

I notice a difficulty; that is when I pop up stuff with "exec", there
isn't a way to assign a name to the window that pops up.  I understand
why that is hard to do right.  How about a texec that does the exec,
then pauses until that program pops up a window (any window), then
continues?  Then on the line immediately below one could use the "title"
command.  Or simpler, how about a "pause" or "sleep" command? Then I could
pause until the windows are mapped, and use select and title to name them.

Here is my ratpoisonrc:

# Gets rid of that ugly crosshairs default cursor
exec xsetroot -solid black -cursor_name left_ptr

# Starting set of apps
exec netscape
exec ymessenger
exec kterm -bg black -fg white -sl 2048 -e <secret stuff>
exec kterm -bg black -fg white -sl 2048 -e <other secret stuff>
exec kterm -bg black -fg white -sl 2048

# Easier than fiddling with ./configure --with-xterm=foo
bind c exec kterm -bg black -fg white -sl 2048

#I never install mozilla, just untar it
bind m exec /home/djw/mozilla/mozilla