Re: [RP] altgr...the final frontier

From: Ryan Yeske
Subject: Re: [RP] altgr...the final frontier
Date: 06 Mar 2001 09:45:35 -0800

shawn <address@hidden> writes:

> Remember when I said 'I sleep now'? Well I couldn't get to sleep
> 'cause I just knew people on the other side of the planet with wacky
> keyboards were going to wake up and find their keyboards just as
> broken as the day before. I HAD to fix it, don't you see?
>
> So I think I've fixed our problems with altgr. I used XLookupString
> that returns a 'properly' translated keysym.
>
> Test, break, etc.
>
> You also may notice that C-x 5 o in emacs raises the other
> frame. Somewhere in my thrashing this functionality was lost. Its
> fixed now. hitting C-t' and leaving the input box empty doesn't jump
> you to window 0 anymore either...that was starting to get annoying.

Yes the emacs frame switching was flaky at times.  It seems stable
now.  Nice.

> This is all in the rel-0-1-0 branch. I think we're ready to ship
> 0.1.1, but I'll wait for some feedback. I have not yet merged these
> changes into the trunk.

Mode_switch works for me here.  Note that, as you discovered, you do
*not* need to add Mode_switch to a modifier for it to work, despite
what the xlib programming manual says.

BTW, does numlock work too now?  I dont have such a key to test it.

Ryan