Re: [RP] 0.0.4 tarball

From: Ryan Yeske
Subject: Re: [RP] 0.0.4 tarball
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 16:18:07 -0800

> Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 08:36:49 -0600
> From: Rich Traube <address@hidden>
>
> Greetings Rat Exterminators,
>
> Just want to try the latest release.  Love the concept.  Talk about
> screenspace!!! The 0.0.4 tarball gets a file not find from source forge.
> Any other sources for it.  If not guess I can get the files one by one
> from CVS.

Ack!  You're right.  And 0.0.3.tar.gz is dead too!  Well, i know an
0.0.5/0.1.0 release is coming soonish, but you are probably best off
using cvs.  Im not sure what you mean by getting the files one by one
though; following the directions on the ratpoison sourceforge page
should get you the latest sources in one go.  I just tried that and
everything seems fine there.  The cvs sources are almost always in a
buildable state, but there may be the odd bug.

I'll let Shawn know about the tarball problem (he'll probably read
this email at some point too).  I dont have access to the sourceforge
stuff to fix this up.

> One suggestion... Reverse the window numbering so the latest window gets
> the highest number, as in screen.  Maybe 0.0.4 does this....

Hmmm, it does that, the first window is 0, and they count up from
there.  However, if you have the program bar on the right hand side of
the screen (the default is upper right) they read from right to left
:).  Putting the bar on the lower left corner (by editting src/conf.h)
should give you the look and feel of our beloved screen.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any problems accessing the
files through cvs.

Ryan