Re: Technical support

From: Pierrick Bouvier
Subject: Re: Technical support
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 09:34:07 +0400

On 3/25/24 09:19, Pierrick Bouvier wrote:
On 3/24/24 22:45, Luca Vajen wrote:
Hello,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for help. I guess in the
worst case you might get a laugh out of this. There's an old game I
would like to play again and someone made a ready-to-play version using
QEMU. See the corresponding link
onĀ https://werbespiel.blogspot.com/2010/07/tony-friends-new-adventures.html .
That itself is handy, but the game runs too fast on my PC and I don't know how
to slow it down. I didn't find an answer anywhere how to limit the speed. Does
someone have an idea?
Kind regards
Luca

Hi Luca,

not sure which issue you have with QEMU, but I've been able to run it
from Linux by using wine with those instructions:
- Download "original version" from the link you mentioned (*not* ready
to play)
- convert bin/cue to iso with: iat TONY2.bin TONY2.iso
- 7z x TONY2.iso
- rm -rf ~/.wine
- env WINEARCH=win32 winecfg
    - Applications -> Windows version -> Windows 95
- wine SETUP.exe
- cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Kellogg\'s/
- wine tony2.exe

Have fun!
Pierrick

For completeness, running ready to play version (using wine as well) works fine for me, at normal speed.

* Download ready to play version
* cd DATA
* wine qemu -L . -m 256 -no-kqemu -soundhw pcspk,sb16,adlib -localtime -M pc -net none -cdrom cdimage.iso -hda win95b.qcow2 -boot c
# removed option --full-screen that breaks my window manager

I still prefer the wine way, even though game videos won't work (not mpeg1 decoder available).